Thursday

Back Again!

You know how they say there are thousands of random blogs out there with no identities, just floating around in space? Well, this was one of them! I totally forgot about this blog that I started 3 years ago for Dining Services....I found it today so maybe, just maybe, I'll remember to keep it up.

It's not that there is a lack of information to post, on the contrary. Dining Services has had an abundance of things going on since 2008 - still bee keeping (now 2 locations of hives), nacufs awards, dining unit renovations, new menu items, going extreme local, videos, facebook and twitter accounts, lost staff members, new staff members.

I am especially thrilled with my new staff member here in marketing. His name is Jeff and he was a real find...an uber excellent designer slash photographer as well as our social media guru...all wrapped up in one amazing person. And, of course, Kevin is the stable influence in our small but mighty department. A monster at shipping product, neither sleet, snow nor freezing looks from the logo police can shake his demeaner. Kev-o still maintains his "coolness." I am very blessed to work with these two great guys.

And, as always, regards to my favorite boss, our Director Dennis Pierce. He puts up with a lot from all of us yet pretty much keeps a great attitude. In fact, below is his favorite quote. It's a good one to remember and one I try to live up to. I don't always succeed but hey, every day is a new day!

"I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me." - Charles R. Swindoll

No comments: